Founded in 1968, Real Estate Associates has been a leader in the Property Management industry for over 50 years. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly-growing, progressive organization and take charge of your career. SVN | Real Estate Associates offers a competitive salary with a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K program with company match, generous paid time off, holidays and more.
We are seeking an experienced residential Leasing Agent to focus on Leasing and Marketing in our Durham Corporate Office. This is an entry-level position in the property management field, but prior sales experience, particularly in Leasing is a requirement to be considered a candidate.
This position is fully responsible for the leasing and marketing of units, both Multifamily and Single-family, the performance of clerical duties in support of office personnel and for miscellaneous customer service.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Respond to resident requests promptly and courteously and to help resolve resident issues.
- Maintain accurate records of all property transactions and submit on a timely basis through management software
- Providing premier customer service to prospects and clients.
- Be aware of company and community policies and be able to explain them to residents and potential residents.
- Have a comprehensive working knowledge of all lease-related documents and be able to accurately complete the documents in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate resident files in accordance with Real Estate Associates company policy.
- Continuously update your knowledge on community and area facts and statistics.
- Maintaining a strong customer service/satisfaction philosophy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the ability to Lease residential units at the highest effective rent level possible.
- Showing available rental properties to prospective Tenants on occasion.
- Ensure inventory of properties are rented to the fullest capacity.
- Handling prospective Tenants inquiries.
- Qualify potential residents.
- Utilizing marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Ensure the gathering of information about market competition in the area.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management through effective conflict resolution.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- On occasion, assure the quality and quantity of market-ready units.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Adhere to proper procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Prepare lease agreements
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and added to management software accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Ensure that models and market ready units are walked on occasion and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Successful candidates will have prior property management leasing experience.
- Must be organized, meticulous and able to perform fully and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate an appropriate course of action.
- Working knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Appfolio Management Software knowledge a plus.
- Real Estate License: (Preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience in sales or as a Leasing Agent/Consultant required
Job Type: Full-time
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reliable transportation with a valid driver's license is required.
Real Estate Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time