We are seeking a full-time property management accountant/assistant to assist our property management team in all aspects of our diverse commercial real estate portfolio. The property types are varied and include neighborhood anchored and unanchored shopping centers, net-leased single-tenant properties, small office properties, and various individual commercial buildings. Tenants include national chains and local, independent operators.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Interacting directly with property owners, tenants, and vendors daily.
- Oversee AR, including tenant outreach regarding the collection of rents, posting late fees, and sending late notices.
- Handle all AP for the property by processing invoices, including data entry, GL coding, and billing work orders for internal maintenance staff.
- TICAM reconciliation
- Assist property manager with responding to tenant needs, ensuring that problems are resolved promptly, including dispatching vendors to handle building-related issues, as appropriate.
- Draft and send tenant and building-related correspondence emails
- Assist in the upkeep of all property management software (AppFolio) which includes entering and updating work orders and maintaining company electronic records organized, including leases, contracts, invoices, COIs, vendor W9s, and other documents relating to property operations. Updating the property data sheet as needed.
- Fielding service calls from tenants and coordinating the performance of service work.
- Enforcing the terms of commercial lease agreements.
- Property Management Accounting
- Handling rent collection, posting rent, and sending late notices and defaults.
- Managing work orders, invoices, service records, contracts, and insurance requirements.
- Coordinating regular property inspections and routine property maintenance
- Administrative duties
- Ad-Hoc tasks/projects as assigned.
This list is not inclusive of all job responsibilities and may change as needs grow.
The ideal candidate will meet the following:
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of work experience in commercial real estate accounting is required.
- At least one year of commercial property management experience – candidates without these requirements will not be considered.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize work requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in G Suite and AppFolio
- Strong knowledge of lease administration, basic property management bookkeeping, TICAM reconciliations, and physical plant maintenance.
- Presents a high level of professionalism and customer service skills
- Competency in preparing professional, comprehensive memorandums, letters, reports, documents, files, etc.
- Deep working knowledge of account payables, receivables, and expenditure control.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and high-level organizational skills
When applying, please indicate your salary expectations for this position.
Compensation is based on experience; benefits include paid vacation and holidays, a 401k plan with employer matching, and 100% employer-paid health insurance.